Vegetarian foods have existed for a long time. People utilize the different available foods for different purposes. Some individuals use vegan and vegetarian for health benefits. Ethics and environmental factors contribute to the utilization of the foods. However, vegan dishes resulted recently. Many people lack information about the two dishes. The publicity of the vegan is hitting the consumers. This article provides clear information regarding the two diets.
Naturally, vegetarian describes individuals who do not consume meat, game, fish, poultry or even any animal byproduct. Vegetarian dishes contain a high percentage of fruits, grains, and vegetables. Furthermore, they have a high concentration of grains, nuts, and pulses. Vegetarian society categorizes the vegetarian diets into several classifications.
1) Lacto vegetarians-the people in this category eat dairy foods. However, they avoid poultry products especially eggs. Dairy products like milk, cheese butter, and cream are perfect products to the user. Professionals may also call them lactarians.
2) Lacto-Ovo vegetarians– this category incorporates consumption of dairy products and eggs. Such descriptions constitute an ordinary vegetarian diet.
3) Vegan vegetarians– the individuals classified in this category avoid animal products completely.
4) Ovo vegetarians– the Ovo vegetarians, are persons avoid the entire species of animal products, unlike eggs. The people under this category are good fans of eggs; you can refer them as “eggetarians.”
Other categories of vegetarian products include macrobiotics and raw dishes.
The variation between vegetarian and vegan is that vegetarians are a diet while vegan is a form of life style. When you decide to rely on vegans, you exclude animal products from your diet. The life style is perfect; however, misleading information about the nutrition can cause health risks. Nutritionists’ professionals can advise somebody to eat vegans due to health issues.
Other reasons for assuming a vegan diet is to avoid cruelty to animals. Environmental concerns cause one to exclude vegans in the diet. Some people decide to conserve the environment by taking biodegradable products. Animal products are listed top than vegetable products in the environmental pollutants. Somebody may decide to lose weight and develop quality healthy. Eating vegans is a super smart eating habit for sustaining good health. Health officials argue that proteins and vitamins result from non-animal products. For such reasons, choosing a good diet and proper preparations is fantastic.
Nutrition perspective for vegetarian and vegan diets
Research shows that vegetarian and vegan diets differ in nutrition concentration. Both diets poses low saturation of cholesterol and fats. The vitamins and mineral concentration in the foods is high. Consequently, individuals with deficiency of vitamins can specialize in eating vegan and vegetarians to boost their health status. Fiber and other plant compounds facilitate greater percentage of the food components in these diets.
To achieve the highest portion of nutrients, you should have a good recipe for the diet. Poor planning of the two diets can result in a low consumption of nutrients such as calcium, vitamin D and zinc. Such implications cultivate proper preparation of the diet. The substrates difference in the two diets includes limited concentrations of vitamins B12 and omega-3 fatty acids. The levels of the substances are low in vegans as found in vegetarians.
Health benefits of vegan
Research shows that the diet is purely plant-based. It offers nutrients necessary for body health. The advantage of the diet is that it eliminates any possible risk associated with eating potentially harmful animal products. Animal zero fats are linked to several illnesses such as cancer, hypertension, and diabetes. The list below indicates health benefits of vegan
- Low cancer risk exposure-Since cancer is associated with meat eaters, vegan consumers stand a better chance to safeguard themselves against prostate cancer problems. Alternatively, they eat volumes of fruits, fiber, and vegetables.
- Bone health- Vegan products contain nutrients useful for strong teeth and bones. Vegan offer spinach, turnip greens, and other substances that substitute animal calcium.
iii. Heart health- Vegan eaters often take few calories. Health officials argue that calories cause heart problems. It is safe for vegan consumers to face heart problems.
Health benefits of vegetarian
Heavy consumers of vegetables are safe from some health problems in the society. The list below explains some advantageous health benefits for vegetarians.
- Diabetes prevention- Low fat and vegetarian diet facilitate to reduce the presence of non-insulin dependent diabetes. High fiber concentration empowers insulin operation an activity that controls the intensity of diabetes.
- Kidney stone control- A vegetarian diet reduces the chances of kidney stone formation and gallstones.
iii. Asthma- a Swedish research showed that people with asthma reduced after eating vegetables for some time. The study affirmed the benefit of vegan towards asthma prevention.